Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Adepticon/Crystal Brush 2015

A bit late posting my exciting results from my first Adepticon convention to participate in the Crystal Brush painting competition. I entered several pieces that were all uncharted territory for me. Everything from making bases from scratch, to attempting water effects. Overall I am very pleased with the results. Most proud of winning Gold Manufacturers Award from Dark Age for my single figure entry called "Crimson Mother". Here are a few shots of my entries.

First is Ashan-tyr by Rackham. This piece was a total experiment in basing for me and I learned so much. The aluminium foil bricks seem to capture the ancient rustic ruin effect I was going for. Next time I may either place a larger figure on this size base or try to make it a bit smaller. I can't wait to try it again soon. I've put together a little basing tutorial that is up on the WGC at: http://www.wgconsortium.com/index.cfm/stories/view/1194/creating_rustic_bricks_from_aluminum_foil/

 Go check it out and let me know what you think. :)






























 Here is another entry which is my tribute to M*A*S*H named "Goodbye Ferret Face". Base was completely scratch-built :)
28mm Heroric scale by Kromlech

This is the link on the Crystal Brush site: http://crystalbrush.coolminiornot.com/cbartwork/index/id/812




My first Crystal Brush award-Gold in Dark Age                   named "Crimson Mother"



















No comments:

Post a Comment